Hello, you have reached Ueno. We’re a digital agency hell-bent on creating the world’s most beautiful digital products, brands, and experiences. Young-ish but maturing, small-ish but growing. Out of our fancy offices in SF, NYC, LA and Reykjavík we work with a bunch of companies you’ve definitely heard of, on projects you’ve probably seen, and products you may have used.
But enough about us, let’s talk about you.
Or maybe let’s talk about you and us together. Because we’re looking for a brand designer. That's you, right?
You love stuff
- You love working with visual languages in lots of different mediums
- You love working on brands, but happy to work on marketing and product, too
- You love traditional, digital, and motion applications.
- You love #brands — especially in category-defining lifestyle innovation brands
- You love teams, but you think for yourself
You’ve got experience
Minimum of 3-5 years design experience with an agency or a creative services department or the crew of a pirate ship
BFA in Graphic Design and/or Illustration, or some other relevant experience
Portfolio of recognized work for local, national, or global clients (or extraterrestrial for that matter)
Experience in coming up with concepts and ideas, and clearly communicating it all
You have skills
- You know your way around CS
- Your design skills — type, color, composition — are most impressive
- You can bend Photoshop to your will, at will
- You’re an expert at all kinds of photo, illustration, publishing and presentation software
- You know at least a bit (ideally a lot) about motion design
- You want to work on all kinds of brand stuff for all kinds of brands, big and small
- You get it — you understand where the client is coming from, strategically
- You support the ideation, development and fulfillment of compelling visual language design projects with an eye for quality and detail
- You’re a good communicator, and you’re good at time management
- You’re a positive person, and teams are better with you onboard
- You deliver on time, on budget — of course, you’re a professional
Ueno is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our bright and bustling office in Soma is a hotbed of creativity. We’re just down the street from Twitter, who for some reason still hasn’t asked us to work for them. What’s up with that?
No need to be formal. Just send us your links and we’ll be in touch.