A Junior Accountant at Ueno has various responsibilities, all related to helping us keep track of our money. They work with and answer to a Finance Manager.
We are Ueno and you are busy, so let’s cut to the chase.
We are looking for a Junior Accountant.
Someone who helps us keep track of our money — everything it does and everything that happens to it. Where it comes from, where it goes, and everything in between.
Could that be you? Let’s see.
Your main responsibilities
- Posting and processing journal entries to ensure all our business transactions are recorded
- Making sure we comply with GAAP for financial statements
- Helping all those poor souls at Ueno who need to prepare budgets
- Updating accounts receivable, and issuing invoices
- Accurately (very important) perform daily reconciliations of bank accounts and credit card transactions
- Helping to process balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to accounting and financial guidelines
- Updating financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Preparing (and sometimes presenting) financial reports
We'd like you to
- Have an undergraduate degree in accounting, finance or relevant field
- Have worked as a Junior Accountant for at least a year
- Be very organized
- Show great attention to detail
- Be great at communicating what needs to be communicated, and to like working with people
- Have a good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Know that "GAAP" stands for "Generally Accepted Accounting Principles," obviously
- Be very good with MS Office, and maybe even familiar with Quickbooks, Bill.com and Expensify
What do think?
If this sounds like you, scroll down and tell us about yourself. (Nothing bad will happen.)
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K Matching
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits
- 22 days PTO + 10 days sick leave
- Parental leave
- $1,000 birthday bonus
- $100/month fitness stipend
- $1,000 annual learning stipend
- $2,500 annual conference stipend
- Catered lunch and snacks
Ueno is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We are strongly in favor of diversity and inclusion.