Our CEO is busy. He needs an assistant.
First, a few words about us. We’re Ueno, a digital agency hell-bent on creating the world’s greatest digital products, brands, and experiences. We’re young-ish but maturing, small-ish but growing, and out of our fancy offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and Reykjavík, we work with companies you’ve may have heard of, on projects you may have seen, and products you may have used.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
We need your help. Or, to be more precise, our CEO does. Because as we grow, he’s becoming very busy and important. It’s all getting a bit too much. Oh, the stress! That’s where you come in.
So, let’s talk about you. We’ve never hired an Executive Assistant before, but here’s what we think we need:
Someone friendly and easygoing, capable and organized. Someone who quietly gets things done, and isn’t a pushover. Someone whose main role is to support our CEO, but can also take on other responsibilities on the team, if the occasion arises. Someone based in San Francisco, but who doesn’t mind traveling, mostly between our offices there, in NYC and Reykjavík. (Yes, that Reykjavík.)
A few things we need you to take care of:
- Email! Manage our CEO’s email, with all that entails.
- Schedule! Manage his schedule and calendar.
- Support! Provide personal assistance, including help with family stuff, general errands, and coordination of some finances
- Meetings! Attend them, set them up, take notes, and all the other things.
- Travel! Book planes, trains and automobiles, and manage travel expenses.
- Mail! Sort and manage mail and correspondence.
- Office coordination! Keep kitchen stocked, oversee zesty meal ordering, and general office tidy-ness
- Special Assignments! Help with company events, projects, research, presentations, and the like.
- Real Estate! Help oversee the maintenance of Ueno properties/apartments.
- Stuff! In other words, whatever else comes your way.
Some of the skills we think you need to have:
- Initiative: You anticipate needs and prioritize.
- Communication: You know how to express yourself, both orally and in writing.
- Organization: You have an eye for detail, and you make the trains run on time.
- Flexibility: You adapt, and you’re comfortable with working in a fast-paced client service environment.
- Confidentiality: You handle confidential information in the discreet manner of the professional that you are.
Last but not least, we think it would be good if you had: At least five years of experience as an executive assistant. Experience at an agency, and an interest in design.
Sounds like you? Don’t overthink it. Send us a message and tell us about yourself. Nothing bad will happen.
This position is based on San Francisco. Ueno is an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Our bright and bustling office in Soma is a hotbed of creativity. We’re just down the street from Twitter, who for some reason still hasn’t asked us to work for them. What’s up with that?
No need to be formal. Just send us your links and we’ll be in touch.