Okay, we’ll go first. We’re Ueno. A digital agency hell-bent on creating the world’s most beautiful digital products, brands, and experiences. Young-ish but maturing, small-ish but growing. Out of our fancy offices in SF, NYC, LA and Reykjavík we work with a bunch of companies you’ve definitely heard of, on projects you’ve probably seen, and products you may have used.
But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
You’re a people person. Right?
Because we’re looking for someone who can make sure we’re doing everything correctly when it comes to our people.
That means stuff like …
- Going one hundred percent by the book when it come to labor and employment laws, especially in New York and California (San Francisco is a must, and experience working internationally is a plus).
- Managing our recruitment from outreach to onboarding and beyond!
- Overseeing our relationships with our people; providing counsel and good advice to managers and leadership, and helping us solve any and all complicated problems if and when they arise — knock on wood.
- Making sure our people are happy and satisfied at their jobs from day one.
- Navigating the treacherous waters of immigration, visas, green cards, and the like.
- Presiding over our performance management program (and tools) with the rest of our People Ops team.
- Directing professional development (training) programs.
- Helping us become more diverse and inclusive.
- Herding our interns and setting up internship programs.
- Keeping our HR house in order by creating, updating, and executing company policies and guidelines.
- Setting up and evolving our compensation program.
- Payroll! Making sure our people get paid, in the US and potentially internationally.
- Keeping abreast of goings-on in our industry when it comes compensation and benefits.
- Answering everyone’s questions about things like benefits, LOA, and basically all the rest of it.
So far, so good? Okay, there’s more:
- You’ve got at least 8 years of People Ops experience with 5+ years at the HR manager level with current or previous recruiting experience.
- You have a bachelor’s degree; and maybe even a PHR certification.
- You’re a people person! You’ve got people skills and a lot of experience providing counsel and mediation.
- You’re flexible, and you prefer solutions to problems.
- You’re totally fine with a fast-paced and dynamic creative environment.
- You’re very good at expressing yourself, verbally, in writing, and with your hands, if necessary.
- You’re friendly and approachable. Of course you are.
- You’ve got experience working with (and potentially separating from) a PEO.
- You have a strong functional HR background with experience managing things like time off, LOA, benefits, payroll, recruiting, employee relations, compensation, and all that.
Still good? Yes? Ok, so what now?
Don’t overthink it. Fill in the form here below, including your LinkedIn profile, and introduce yourself. We’ll be in touch. (But only if you’re authorized to work in the United States for any employer, obviously.)
Oh, and by the way: Ueno is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Duh.
Our beautiful little corner of Soho is packed with cafés, bulging with restaurants, overflowing with shops, and teeming with creative people. Why do you think we moved here?
No need to be formal. Just send us your links and we’ll be in touch.